Kaya Oğuz, PhD
Department of Computer Engineering
Phone: +90 232 488 82 89
Office Hours: Please make an appointment via email during the summer.
Google Scholar ·
GAIR Lab ·
The courses for the upcoming semester are not yet announced.
- Graph Theory
- Procedural Content Generation in Computer Games
- Medical Image Processing
- Software and Computer Engineering Education
- Ongoing, Researcher, TÜBİTAK 1001, "Hafif Bilişsel Bozukluk Tanısı Alan Bireylerin Default Mode, Kısa Süreli Bellek Kayıt ve Geri Çağırma ile İlişkili Nöral Bileşenlerinin Erken Alzheimer Hastaları ile Onların Sağlıklı Kardeşleri ve Kontroller ile Karşılaştırılması," 2015
- Cemre Candemir, PhD, Co-advisor, "Çok Denekli Sosyal Destek Alanı fMRI Çalışmalarında Değişim Noktası Tahminlemesi", Ege University, International Computer Institute, Ongoing
- Berkehan Akçay, PhD, "Context Based Emotion Recognition from Speech for Enhancing Human Computer Interaction", Ongoing
- Gani Rahmon, M.Sc., "Evaluation of Procedurally Generated Terrains via Artificial and Convolutional Neural Networks," Completed, July 2018.
- Kasım Muratoğlu, M.Sc., "Assessment of Team Projects in Computer and Software Engineering Education", Ongoing
- Melek Büşra Temuçin, M.Sc., Co-advisor, "Procedural City Generation using Cellular Automata", Ege University, International Computer Institute, Ongoing.
- Akay, A.P., Kaya, G.Ç., Kose, S., Yazıcıoğlu, Ç.E., Erkuran, H.Ö., Güney, S.A., Oğuz, K., Keskin, D., Baykara, B., Emiroğlu, N.İ., Eren, M.Ş., Kızıldağ, S., Ertay, T., Özsoylu, D., Miral, S., Durak, H., Gönül, A.S., Rohde, L.A., 2018. "Genetic imaging study with [Tc-99m] TRODAT-1 SPECT in adolescents with ADHD using OROS-methylphenidate." Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry 86, 294–300. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2018.04.008
- Oguz, K., Canlıtürk, B., Kabar, C., Durukan, O., Özceylan, B., 2018. "Digital recognition and evaluation of the clock drawing test," in: 2018 26th Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU). Presented at the 2018 26th Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU), pp. 1–4. https://doi.org/10.1109/SIU.2018.8404220
- Candemir, C., Oğuz, K., Korukoğlu, S., Gönül, A.S., 2018. "Detection and evaluation of activation instances as change points in functional MR images," in: 2018 26th Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU). Presented at the 2018 26th Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU), pp. 1–4. https://doi.org/10.1109/SIU.2018.8404273
- Korkmaz, İ., Oğuz, K., 2018. "Application of Neural Gas Networks to Object Detection," at: 4th International Conference on Engineering and Natural Sciences, Book Of Abstracts Of 4th International Conference On Engineering And Natural Sciences 442-442, ISBN: 978-605-67955-2-7.
- Temuçin, M.B., Oğuz, K., 2017. "Procedural City Generation Using Cellular Automata." Presented at the Eurasia Graphics 2017 Conference, November 2017.
- Candemir, C., Oğuz, K., 2017. "A Comparative Study on Parameter Selection and Outlier Removal for Change Point Detection in Time Series," in: 2017 European Conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS). Presented at the 2017 European Conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), pp. 218–224. https://doi.org/10.1109/EECS.2017.48.
- Oguz, K., Gül, S., 2017. "Managing and evaluating team projects in software engineering education [Yazilim Mühendisligi Egitiminde Takim Projelerinin Yonetimi ve Degerlendirilmesi]," in: CEUR Workshop Proceedings. pp. 184–195, Presented at UYMS 2017. http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1980/UYMS17_paper_43.pdf
- Simsek, F., Oguz, K., Kitis, O., Akan, S.T., Kempton, M.J., Gonul, A.S., 2017. "Neural activation during cognitive reappraisal in girls at high risk for depression." Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry 77, 49–56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2017.03.022
- Bilgi, M.M., Taspinar, S., Aksoy, B., Oguz, K., Coburn, K., Gonul, A.S., 2017. "The relationship between childhood trauma, emotion recognition, and irritability in schizophrenia patients." Psychiatry Research 251, 90–96. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2017.01.091
- Oguz, K., Cinsdikici, M.G., Gonul, A.S., 2017. "Robust activation detection methods for real-time and offline fMRI analysis." Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine 144, 1–11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2017.03.015
- Dağdeviren, Z.A., Oğuz, K., Cinsdikici, M., 2015. "Automatic registration of structural brain MR images to MNI image space," in: 2015 23nd Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU). pp. 359–362. https://doi.org/10.1109/SIU.2015.7129833
- Biyik, U., Keskin, D., Oguz, K., Akdeniz, F., Gonul, A.S., 2015. "Facial emotion recognition in remitted depressed women." Asian Journal of Psychiatry 17, 111–113. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2015.08.001
- Dagdeviren, Z.A., Oguz, K., Cinsdikici, M.G., 2014. "Three techniques for automatic extraction of corpus callosum in structural midsagittal brain MR images: Valley Matching, Evolutionary Corpus Callosum Detection and Hybrid method." Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence 31, 101–115. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engappai.2013.10.004
- Simsek, F., Oguz, K., Akan, S., Isman, D.H., Acikel, D., Kitis, O., Cetinkalp, S., Eker, M., Coburn, K., Gonul, A., 2013. "P.2.b.032 Neural correlates of emotion regulation response to negative stimuli in young women at high risk for depression." European Neuropsychopharmacology 23, S337–S338. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-977X(13)70531-5
- Kitis, O., Ozalay, O., Zengin, E.B., Haznedaroglu, D., Eker, M.C., Yalvac, D., Oguz, K., Coburn, K., Gonul, A.S., 2012. "Reduced left uncinate fasciculus fractional anisotropy in deficit schizophrenia but not in non-deficit schizophrenia." Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 66, 34–43. https://doi.org/doi:10.1111/j.1440-1819.2011.02293.x
- Oğuz, K., 2010. "Bilgisayar Oyunlarında Kalabalıkların Hızlı Çizimi." Anadolu Üniversitesi Bilim ve Teknoloji Dergisi A - Uygulamalı Bilimler ve Mühendislik 11, 23–33.
- Unluturk, M.S., Oguz, K., Atay, C., 2009. "Emotion Recognition Using Neural Networks," in: Proceedings of the 10th WSEAS International Conference on Neural Networks, NN’09. World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS), Prague, Czech Republic, pp. 82–85.
- Unluturk, M.S., Oguz, K., Atay, C., 2009. "A Comparison of Neural Networks for Real-time Emotion Recognition from Speech Signals." WSEAS Trans. Sig. Proc. 5, 116–125.